The C.S. Lewis Foundation is committed to providing life-long educational programming that is designed to foster the renewal of mind and spirit, of intellectual curiosity and aesthetic sensitivity, among people of all walks of life. Great efforts are made to achieve this objective in the company of friends in an atmosphere that actively encourages the pursuit of truth.
The goal of our regional conferences and retreats is to provide environments and programs in which scholars, artists, clergy, campus ministers and lay readers of Lewis engage both mind and spirit in the tradition of C.S. Lewis. Registrants at these events are drawn from many walks of life and include Christians and seekers alike. Topics relate either to the life, literature, and legacy of C.S. Lewis or to one or more of the broader issues relating to the core mission of the Foundation.
Our programs have taken the form of one- or two-day conferences presented on location at the host organization’s facility; of regional weekend retreats presented in resort settings hosted by a sponsoring organization or by several cooperating groups or churches; or of a single lecture or series of lectures presented over an extended period of one to six weeks.
To date, city-wide and regional gatherings have been held in such locations as San Antonio, Austin, and Navasota, TX; Nashville, TN; San Diego, CA; and Asheville, NC.
Please see below for upcoming programs.
Theme: “The Forge of Friendship: Tolkien, Lewis, & the Creative Impulse”
November 8 – 10, 2013
A Few of Our Past Regional Conferences & Retreats…
- The C.S. Lewis Retreat, Navasota, TX: Choosing Heaven: Eternity in the Here & Now
- Vacation with a Purpose, Northfield, MA
- C.S. Lewis Summer Seminars, C.S. Lewis Study Centre at The Kilns, Oxford, UK
- C.S. Lewis Southwest Regional Retreat, Navasota, TX: Fling Wide the Gates: C.S. Lewis & the Pursuit of Joy
- C.S. Lewis Southwest Regional Writers Workshop, Navasota, TX: On Stories: From Imagination to Incarnation