Interested in discovering more about the Inklings? Perhaps Lewis and Tolkien have been a major influence in your life, and you desire to learn more?
The Inklings 101 Track is great for those who know Lewis’s life and works but are also interested in Tolkien, as well as other Inklings members like Charles Williams and Owen Barfield. The focal point of this track session will be the thought and worldview of the Inklings’ writings, as well as the impact their friendship had on their works. We will touch on the authors’ major biographical events and books, as well as on the key themes of reason, imagination, and faith that inspired the Inklings’ academic lives.
These three track sessions will also include time for Q&A, as well as promise to inform and delight folks with all levels of Inklings knowledge.
- Inklings 101 Track Session 1: “Life, Works, and Where to Go From Here”
- Inklings 101 Track 2: “J. R. R. Tolkien: His Life, Works, & Legacy”
- Inklings 101 Track 3: “Inklings and Influences: Key Writers in Lewis’s Life”
- Breakout: “‘The staff work of the Omnipotence:’ Charles Williams and C.S. Lewis”
- Breakout: “Warren Hamilton Lewis: My Favorite Inkling”
- Andrew Lazo, Scholar and speaker on the Inklings and Co-Editor of Mere Christians: Inspiring Stories of Encounters with C.S. Lewis.
- Devin Brown, Lilly Scholar and Professor of English at Asbury University. Author of the Three-Volume Inside Narnia Series, The Christian World of The Hobbit, and A Life Observed: A Spiritual Biography of C. S. Lewis.
Please Note: the Inklings 101 Track begins on Friday morning, November 8th, and takes place before the main conference begins that evening.
It runs concurrent with the other Early Arrival Track Sessions – the Writers Track and the Academic Roundtable.
There is a separate registration package for attending the Early Arrival Track Sessions that includes tuition for the Main Conference. For more details, see our Registration page.