Three separate weeks, from July 11 - 31, 2010
This summer, the C.S. Lewis Foundation and friends will be gathering at Northfield, Massachusetts, to celebrate the founding of C.S. Lewis College and to prepare the campus for its new use.
Come join us in fellowship, service, and celebration of this historic occasion on the site of what will be America's "Mere Christian" Great Books College!
As a volunteer and participant, you will not only help us prepare the campus through such needed tasks as painting, wallpapering, gardening, cleaning, and taking inventory, you will also benefit from:
- A daily evening program, featuring speakers addressing a variety of topics related to C.S. Lewis, D. L. Moody, the history of Northfield & the campus, and contemporary Christian life. We will also feature performances by singer-songwriter Michael Kelly Blanchard (July 14) and Noel Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul, and Mary Fame on July 30)
- Enriching fellowship with fellow volunteers, neighbors from the Northfield community, and fans of C.S. Lewis from across the country.
- Daily devotions and prayer.
- Optional Saturday trips to local cultural events, such as performances of the Boston Symphony at Tanglewood or Jacob's Pillow Dance.
- Proximity to various national parks and forests with activities including kayaking, hiking, swimming, boating, and camping.
- The joy of living and working on this beautiful and historic campus, located on Dwight L. Moody's birthplace and homestead, site of several important Christian initiatives, including the Student Volunteer Movement.
Week 1: July 11 - 17 Week 2: July 18 - 24 Week 3: July 25 - 31
Local Residents/Commuters - to sign up for day rates (room/board/programming included) or to simply volunteer, click here.