A limited amount of scholarships have been reserved primarily for the use of those who would not be able to attend the C.S. Lewis Summer Institute without assistance, often including, but not limited to, students, artists, teaching faculty, those presenting papers in the academic roundtable, and those in full-time ministry.
The goal of our scholarships is to help supplement an individual’s own financial resources in cases of genuine need.
Scholarships will apply only to the Program Fee/Tuition cost (due to funding restraints, the Registration Fee and or other related costs such as transportation and meals cannot be covered by the scholarships).
Scholarships may be awarded in one of two ways:
- Tuition Grants of varying amounts.
- Work Study Grants of varying amounts. Work Study recipients assist with staff support on location. Such support may take the form of registration help, ushering, bookstore sales, stage support, afternoon breakout session assistants, or the like. Such work assignments are discussed and agreed upon in advance of the conference and work study recipients generally do not miss the sessions at the event.
Deadlines & After You Apply
After March 15, we will continue to accept applications based on remaining scholarship funding.The final date to apply for scholarships is May 15.
After we receive your application materials (see below for how to apply), our Scholarship Committee will review them and make decisions.
We will hold several conference calls for those who have applied for Work Study scholarships or are interested in applying. For more information and to sign up for the calls, please contact Steven Elmore at the email address above.
Questions? Please contact us.
Process for applying for a scholarship
- Register for the Summer Institute online and choose the “send check” option for your payment. (note: you won’t be paying through this system, but need to choose this payment option to complete the registration process)
- Next, submit the following to us:
- A letter describing your personal reasons for desiring to attend, what you hope to gain from your attendance, and the specific nature of your need. Also note which type of scholarship for which you are applying – a tuition grant or a work study scholarship (see below for details).
- A copy of your resume or C.V.
- Two letters of reference, preferably one personal and one professional.
- Our Scholarship Committee will review application materials and decide upon award amounts (see below for deadlines, decision timing, and related information).
- We will send you an email and a link to pay the remainder of your Registration Fee and Tuition (in the event that the amount of scholarship awarded proves to be inadequate to your needs and you decline the award, a full refund of your Registration Fee will be made if you let us know prior to June 1, 2017; after this date the fee is non-refundable).
Application materials can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
C.S. Lewis Foundation
P.O. Box 8008
Redlands, CA 92375