Please note: when you register for the Retreat, you’ll need to register for both tuition and for room & board separately.
Tuition – C.S. Lewis Foundation
Online: Register for tuition using the C.S. Lewis Foundation’s secure event registration provider. You may pay by credit card, PayPal, or check. Note: PayPal is the processor, but you can pay by regular credit card by clicking on that option on the PayPal screen. You do not need to open a PayPal account.
Phone: Call (909) 389-1155. Phone registration available starting July 15, 2021.
Room and Board – Camp Allen (also for the commuter meal rate)
Online: Register for Room and Board using Camp Allen’s secure event registration provider. See rates and options below.
Phone: Call toll-free (866) 334-2267.
Register online using the C.S. Lewis Foundation’s secure event registration provider. Begin the process by clicking here. Note: you will need to register for meals and lodging through Camp Allen separately. See information below.
|Tuition Options (per person)||Rate|
|Main Retreat (Friday late afternoon – Sunday morning)||$275|
|Early Arrival Workshops & Sessions ADD-ON (Friday morning / afternoon): Lewis Readers Track, Writers Track||$60|
Room and Board – Camp Allen
The following room and board rates are per person. They include lodging for each night listed in the package plus dinner on the night of arrival and breakfast and lunch the following day. Parking and wifi are also included, at no charge.
Note: you will need to register for tuition through the Foundation as well. See information above.
If you are attending the Early Arrival Track Sessions on Friday afternoon, you have the option to book a room/board on Thursday evening.
|Lodging and Meal Plan package||Main Retreat Package|
(check in Friday afternoon, check out Sunday)
|Early Arrival Thursday Night Add-On|
(check in Thursday afternoon/evening)
|Single Occupancy (per person)||$264*||$125*|
|Double Occupancy (per person)||$192*||$90*|
For those of you not lodging with Camp Allen, you will need to purchase a commuter plan of $60 per day, which includes all meals and refreshments. Call Camp Allen to register for the commuter rate at (866) 334-2267.
* Please note that State Occupancy tax will be added to your lodging. The total amount depends on which options you choose for lodging. Here are the total rates, with taxes included: Main Retreat: $279 total (inclusive of tax) for single occupancy; $203 for double occupancy per person. Thursday night: $137 for single occupancy; $99 for double occupancy per person.
** Depending on our registration numbers, single day tuition may be available for those only able to attend a portion of the event and/or who are staying off-site. Visit this website for more details once we post them.
During the break time on Saturday afternoon, you may take a nature hike on the 960 acres, canoe a serene lake, shoot skeet, or go horseback riding. (Several of these activities require an additional fee. Specific activities that are available will be confirmed.)
Reserved Airport Transportation
Camp Allen offers transportation services to and from Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH). To reserve this service, please make a reservation with Camp Allen through their online registration system or call toll-free (866) 334-2267.
Details from Camp Allen:
“The group fee for reserved transportation is $60 per person one way or $120.00 both ways. Camp Allen only provides transportation to and from Bush IAH. Camp Allen only schedules transportation pick ups at 10:30am and 3:30pm. Return transportation is offered at 12:30pm. Group transportation must have more than one guest per trip. Individuals needing more flexible times should contact an
independent transportation company.”
Tuition assistance and work study scholarships are available, but are limited based on current funding (we are a nonprofit organization that receives our funding primarily through gifts from individual donors. We do not own the rights to C.S. Lewis’ works.)
To apply, please email a resume/c.v. and a letter explaining the following to jbohnert at cslewis.org: 1) why you wish to attend, 2) what you hope to gain from your attendance, 3) why you are requesting a tuition scholarship to attend, and 4) if you are requesting a work study scholarship or a non-work study scholarship.
Your materials will be reviewed by the scholarship committee, who will select the recipients from the pool of applicants. Awards will be made in two rounds. Applications are due by September 20, 2021. Requests after that date will be accepted until October 15 and will be based upon available funding.
While a higher priority is given to certain groups (faculty, currently enrolled full-time students, missionaries, those working in ministry), anyone with need may apply.
Note: Scholarships and tuition assistance only go towards the tuition portion of registration and not room/board.
- Reservations require payment in full at time of registration, unless you are applying for a scholarship.
- Tuition (C.S. Lewis Foundation): $40 of the tuition is non-refundable. The remainder of the tuition is refundable if registration is cancelled by 10/31/2021. After 10/31/2021, the tuition fee is non-refundable, but may be transferred to another person who hasn’t already registered.
- Room/Board (Camp Allen): Cancellations made prior to 48 hours of the event will be charged a 25% cancellation fee. Guests cancelling within 48 hours of the event will be charged full amount of the reservation.
- Photography/filming policy: by registering for the event, you give your consent to be filmed/photographed during the event for potential use for archival, fundraising, marketing, and promotional productions of the C.S. Lewis Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. If you would like to opt-out, please email us at selmore at cslewis.org and provide us with a note and a headshot photo of yourself so that we don’t inadvertently use your image.