The C.S. Lewis Retreat
Dates: November 15 – 17, 2019.
Times: Main Retreat begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday (registration opens at 3 p.m.). Early arrival add-on sessions begin at 2:45 p.m. on Friday (registration opens at 1:45 p.m.)
Theme: “The Joyful Journey: Lewis, Tolkien, & the Creative Power of Friendship”
Come join us at Camp Allen, amid the piney woods near Houston, as we explore the creative imagination and lives, forged in friendship, of C.S. Lewis and two of his most important influences — J.R.R. Tolkien, and Joy Davidman Lewis.
Enjoy a respite with friends, old and new, with good food and laughter, learning, and community. Come join us as Joseph Pearce, Andrew Lazo, and Patti Callahan Henry give us insight into the lives and works of C.S. Lewis and his circle, so that we might apply these lessons to our own creative lives and friendships.
Don’t miss this retreat featuring faith, reason, and imagination in the company of friends!
Location: Camp Allen Conference & Retreat Center, Navasota, Texas (outside Houston)
Confirmed event faculty*
- Joseph Pearce
- Patti Callahan Henry
- Andrew Lazo
- Singer-songwriter and musician, Solveig Leithaug
- Ad Deum Dance Company
- Christin Ditchfield
- Lancia E. Smith
- Melanie Stiles
- Scott Key
- Jason Smith
Special optional early arrival tracks are also available for those arriving Friday early afternoon: Readers Track exploring Lewis’s life & influences and a Writers Track to inspire the creative imagination.
- Writers Track – with Patti Callahan Henry, Lancia E. Smith, Melanie Stiles, and Jason Smith
- Readers of Lewis Track – with Andrew Lazo
- Great Books Track – with Scott Key
- Focus on C.S. Lewis and two important relationships in his life — J.R.R. Tolkien and Joy Davidman — and their creative work.
- A unique mix of faith, reason, & imagination
- Worship & fellowship with friends old & new
- Arrive early on Friday afternoon for special track sessions – Readers of Lewis Track & Writers Track
- A variety of Breakout Sessions related to conference themes
* Program schedule, program elements, and speaker/artist lineup is subject to change.