Please note: when you register for the Retreat, you’ll need to register for both tuition and for room & board, separately.
Tuition – C.S. Lewis Foundation
Online: Register for tuition using the C.S. Lewis Foundation’s secure event registration provider. You may pay by credit card, PayPal, or check. Note: PayPal is the processor, but you can pay by regular credit card by clicking on that option on the PayPal screen. You do not need to open a PayPal account.
Phone: If you need help registering, please email malbritton at cslewis.org or leave a voicemail with Steven Elmore at (909) 389-1155. All registration is online, but we can help you by phone if you need assistance.
Room and Board – Camp Allen (also for the commuter meal rate)
Online: Register for Room and Board using Camp Allen’s secure event registration provider. See rates and options below.
Phone: Call toll-free (866) 334-2267.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Save $30 by Registering by June 30, 2023!
Register online using the C.S. Lewis Foundation’s secure event registration provider. Begin the process by clicking here. Note: you will need to register for meals and lodging through Camp Allen separately. See information below.
|Tuition Options (per person)||Regular Rate|
|Early Bird Rate|
(until June 30, 2023*
|Main Retreat (Friday late afternoon – Sunday morning)||$285||$255|
|Early Arrival Workshops & Sessions ADD-ON (Friday morning / afternoon): Lewis Readers Track, Writers Track||$55|
Room and Board – Camp Allen
The following room and board rates are per person. They include lodging for each night listed in the package plus dinner on the night of arrival and breakfast and lunch the following day. Parking and wifi are also included, at no charge.
Register for your room and board by visiting Camp Allen’s registration page by clicking here.
Note: you will need to register for tuition through the Foundation as well. See information above.
If you are attending the Early Arrival Track Sessions on Friday afternoon, you have the option to book a room/board on Thursday evening.
|Lodging and Meal Plan package||Main Retreat Package|
(check in Friday afternoon, check out Sunday)
|Early arrival stay on Thursday Night|
(check in Thursday afternoon/evening)
|Single Occupancy (per person)||$320.64*||$156.96*|
|Double Occupancy (per person)||$244.16*||$156.96*|
* Please note that State Occupancy tax is included in your lodging.
We are currently not offering a commuter rate. If there is enough interest, we may add this, so please let us know by emailing malbritton at cslewis.org.
During the break time on Saturday afternoon, you may take a nature hike on the 960 acres, shoot skeet, or go horseback riding. (Several of these activities require an additional fee. Specific activities that are available will be confirmed prior to the event.)
Reserved Airport Transportation
Camp Allen offers transportation services to and from Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH). To reserve this service, please make a reservation with Camp Allen through their online registration system.
“The group fee for reserved transportation is $90 per person each way. Camp Allen only provides transportation to and from Bush IAH. Camp Allen only schedules transportation pick ups at 11:00 am and 1:30 pm. Return transportation is offered at 8:00 am or 12:45 pm. (note that an 8:00 am return means missing the Sunday morning program). Individuals needing more flexible times should contact an independent transportation company.”
Tuition assistance and work study scholarships are available but are limited based on current funding. (Note: we are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is funded primarily through the generosity of individual donors. We do not own the rights to C.S. Lewis’ works.)
To apply, please email a resume/c.v. and a letter explaining the following to jbohnert at cslewis.org: 1) why you wish to attend, 2) what you hope to gain from your attendance, 3) why you are requesting a tuition scholarship to attend, and 4) if you are requesting a work study scholarship or a non-work study scholarship.
Your materials will be reviewed by the scholarship committee, who will select the recipients from the pool of applicants. Awards will be made in two rounds. Applications are due by July 30, 2023. Awards will be made by mid August.
Note: Requests after that date may be considered based upon remaining funding until September 5th, 2023.
While a higher priority is given to certain groups (faculty, teachers, currently enrolled full-time students, missionaries, those working in ministry), anyone with need may apply.
Note: Scholarships and tuition assistance only are credited towards the tuition portion of registration. Scholarships do not apply towards room and board at Camp Allen or transportation to/from the event.
- Reservations require payment in full at time of registration, unless you are applying for a scholarship.
- Tuition (C.S. Lewis Foundation): $45 of the tuition is non-refundable. The remainder of the tuition is refundable if registration is cancelled by 09/05/2023. After 09/05/2023, the tuition fee is non-refundable, but may be transferred to another person who hasn’t already registered or may be used towards the remote/online version of the event, if it is offered.
- Room/Board (Camp Allen): Cancellations made prior to 48 hours of the event will be charged a 25% cancellation fee of reservation cost. Guests cancelling within 48 hours of the event will be charged full amount of the reservation. Optional airport transportation: Camp Allen allows cancellations with a 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations that occur 48 hours prior to the transportation time will not be refunded. Refunds are not offered to guests who miss their transportation time for any reason.
- Photography/filming policy: by registering for the event, you give your consent to be filmed/photographed during the event for potential use for archival, fundraising, marketing, and promotional productions of the C.S. Lewis Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. If you would like to opt-out, please email us at selmore at cslewis.org and provide us with a note and a headshot photo of yourself so that we don’t inadvertently use your image.